When I thought about making brownies with peanut butter frosting- I thought it may be a bit much. WRONG.
The frosting recipe is based on Barefoot Contessa's recipe from the Barefoot Contessa At Home cookbook. I've used this recipe countless times and it is especially great on the chocolate angel food cake here. But you'd have to double the recipe and add 1/3 c. heavy cream. The brownie recipe is from Allrecipes.com. These are amazing! The texture of the brownies is perfect with the fluffy peanutbuttery frosting!
Peanut Butter Frosted Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
1/2 c. peanut butter
3 T. butter
1/2 t. vanilla
pinch of salt
1/2 c. confectioner's sugar
Beat butters, salt and vanilla. Add sugar. Frost cooled brownies.