Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins

I don't like meatloaf. I don't like meatloaf. I don't like meatloaf. I've never liked meatloaf...not the singer and definitely not the food. But this meatloaf I do like! I found the recipe on Running Mama Cooks. The only change I made was to use turkey in the place of beef and of course extra cheese! This recipe will not disappoint!

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
1/2 onion, chopped
2 T. olive oil

1 lb. ground turkey
1 egg
1/2 t. dried thyme
2/3 c. french's fried onions, plus more for topping
3/4 c. provolone, cubed
1 pkg. french onion soup mix
1/2 c. ketchup, divided

Saute onion over medium heat in olive oil until carmelized, about 5-7 minutes. Mix onion, turkey, egg, thyme, french's onions, onion soup mix, cheese and 1/4 c. ketchup and spoon into greased muffin tins. Top with remaining 1/4 c. ketchup and sprinkle with more french's onions. Bake covered at 400 degrees for 30 minutes and uncovered for the final 5 minutes.

No comments: