Sunday, June 1, 2008

Garlic Thyme Chicken

Here's my recipe for Garlic Thyme Chicken. Poor Joe has been eating a lot of frozen meals this weekend since we were at the hospital all day on Thursday for his surgery and I had 2 weddings this weekend. So when he kindly asked for "real" food tonight, I knew just what to make!

Garlic Thyme Chicken

1 Whole Chicken (approx. 4 lbs)

1 T. salt

2 t. sugar

1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper

1 T. fresh thyme leaves, chopped

6 garlic cloves, crushed

4 T. butter, cut into pats

1 small bundle thyme leaves

Combine salt, sugar, pepper and 1 T. thyme and rub together in small bowl using hands to release the oil from the thyme onto the salt, sugar and pepper.

Wash chicken and pat dry. Rub skin with salt mixture. Use remaining salt mixture inside cavity. Place crushed garlic, butter, and thyme bundle in cavity. Bake at 350 for 60-75 minutes or until done. Baste about every 20 minutes. Serve with juices spooned over chicken.

***In case you read my personal blog as well and are wondering why I sometimes post the same recipe on both blogs--I only post recipes on eat. make. live. that are either my original recipes or recipes that are just so fabulous that I have to share!

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum... garlic and thyme are great with chicken!