Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spinach-Feta Pizza


Yum! I loved this recipe. When I saw Rachael Ray whipping this up on her talk show, I knew I would be making it soon! I made a few changes- I used whole wheat tortillas for crusts instead of pizza crust. This saves on calories and we really like thin, crispy crust anyway. I also used grape tomatoes and baked them with the pizza instead of adding them at the end.

Spinach-Feta Pizza
3 T. olive oil
1 whole wheat pizza crust (I used 3 whole wheat tortillas)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 bunches spinach
salt and pepper to taste
nutmeg to taste
1 c. feta
1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1 pint cherry tomatoes

Brush crust with olive oil and bake until light brown (skip this step if using tortillas). In large skillet saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. After about 3-4 minutes, add spinach and cook until wilted. Spoon spinach over crust. Top with feta, tomato halves and mozzarella. Bake at 450 until cheese is bubbly.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh boy, that looks so good!! I will plan on making this for Mike and I soon. He'll love it!!