Thursday, May 21, 2009

Peanutbutter-Coconut-Chocolate Chip cookies

006

I wonder how many different cookie recipes I’ve made through the years?!?!?!?! I got my first cook book in 1st grade and have been baking and cooking since! In grade school I won a purple (or was it blue?) ribbon for my chocolate mint cookies. In 5th grade my science experiment was “Butter vs. Margarine”. We made chocolate chip cookies for our scientific taste test.

Well today I sought out to create my own cookie recipe. When cooking, it is very easy to create a new recipe successfully. When baking, it is a little more difficult. You have to have the correct ratio of ingredients or the cookies will be too flat, too cakey or worst of all…taste bad! Baking is a lot like a science experiment. I am very pleased to say that the cookies turned out AMAZING!

Peanut Butter*Coconut*Chocolate chip cookies

1/2 c. butter

1/2 c. peanut butter

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. sugar

1 egg

1 t. vanilla

1/2 t. salt

1 t. baking soda

3/4 c. unsweetened, shredded coconut

1 1/4 c. flour

1 c. chocolate chunks

Preheat oven to 325. Combine butters and cream. Add sugars, cream. Add egg and vanilla, combine. Add dry ingredients and mix. Add chocolate chips and fold in.

Bake for 8-12 minutes until golden brown.

002

I make cookies a lot. BUT-when I do make them I usually only bake one batch. This way I can roll the remaining dough into balls and freeze them for the next time we have unexpected guests :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

just want to know how much it yields. :-)

TBIOL said...

This is so perfect! I woke up this morning and I was like I want to make cookies with peanut butter, chocolate, and coconut, and then I was like oh crud I probably wont find a good recipe, but here this is! You just made my day.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, these cookies are amazing. Absolutely perfect. As a 7-month pregnant lady craving coconut, chocolate, and peanut butter, I realllllly thank you for this recipe!!

Anonymous said...

These are amazing! Just a touch of salt to balance the sweetness and great texture! Thanks for the recipe:)

Anonymous said...

These turned out perfect! I added a little more coconut and added walnuts and my husband devoured them! Thanks for the recipe!