Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chicken Divan


Mmmmmm! I love this recipe! The hubby is not too fond of cooked broccoli, so I make this whenever he has to work overtime :) I usually try not to cook with "cream of" soups because they aren't the greatest for you, but some recipes are just too good! This recipe is based off of a recipe from my foodie friend Lisa, not to be confused with my foodie friend Leisa :)

Chicken Divan

4 slices whole wheat bread (any bread will work)

2 T. olive oil

2 T. balsamic vinegar

1/2 t. garlic salt

Black pepper

1 can Cream of chicken soup (98% fat free)

1 t. curry powder

1/2 c. mayo (I use olive oil mayo)

1 head broccoli, chopped

2 c. cooked, cubed chicken

2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

Cut the bread into cubes the size of croutons. Toss bread in oil, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper. Toast at 425 stirring every 5 minutes until toasted on the outside, but still tender on the inside. Set aside.

Mix soup, mayo and curry powder. In 9x13 pan, add broccoli, chicken and 1 c. of cheese. Stir. Spoon soup mixture over chicken and broccoli mixture. Stir well to coat evenly. Sprinkle with croutons and then with remaining 1 c. cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Greta and Miles Rating: The kids Loooooove this! Best way I've found to get them to eat broccoli :)

No comments: