Sunday, September 27, 2009

Zucchini-Roasted Red Pepper Pizza


Seriously delicious! I will most definitely make this again. Next time I think I will skip the red pepper flakes so the kids can enjoy it as well. The flavors in this recipe were amazing, but a little too spicy for young children. The recipe is from Rachael Ray's book, 30 Minute Meals 2.

Zucchini-Roasted Red Pepper Pizza
1 (14 oz) jar roasted red peppers
1/2 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
1 T. corn meal
1 1/2 c. smoked gouda, shredded
1//2 medium zucchini, very thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T. olive oil
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1 t. dried Italian seasoning
coarse salt, to taste

Preheat oven to 400. Drain peppers and grind into a paste using a food processor. Dust pizza dough with corn meal and spread onto pizza pan. Spread pepper paste onto dough. Top with shredded cheese.
Place thinly sliced zucchini in small bowl and combine with remaining ingredients. Toss well and evenly coat.
Arrange zucchini on pizza, but do not overlap. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

3 comments:

Fresh Local and Best said...

This is one of my favorite recipes! I love the addition of the smoked gouda and texture of the zucchini. Beautiful blog!

ShellyH said...

oh my gosh...that recipe is making my mouth water just looking at it! I am definately going to try making this for my husband.

Unknown said...

Looks great.

Love the Blog title by the way,
Simple but says it all.