Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lemon caramel cake

This is my first attempt at writing a recipe. When I am creating a recipe, I usually just start in the kitchen and then write it down afterwards. But, I have been day dreaming about this dessert for so long- I think I’ll try to do it the other way around. I’ll let you know how it goes and hopefully post photos.

Dorene’s Birthday Cake

1 Frozen pound cake, thawed and sliced lengthwise into 4 sections

Filling:

1/4 c. lemon curd

1/2 c. milk

1 pkg. vanilla pudding mix

4 oz. cream cheese, softened

6 oz. cool whip

1/4 c. extra lemon curd to spread

Sauce :

1/4 c. butter

1/2 c. brown sugar

1/3 c. heavy cream

1 t. vanilla

Combine 1/4 c. lemon curd, milk, and pudding mix in bowl. Chill 30 minutes. Add cream cheese. Fold in cool whip. Set aside. Place 2 slices of pound cake on bottom of 8×8 pan, spread thin layer of *gently warmed* lemon curd(about 10 seconds in microwave) on top of each. Spread half of cool whip mixture on top. Repeat a layer of pound cake with lemon curd spread on top side. Spread remaining cool whip mixture over pound cake. Chill.

For sauce melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. add sugar and whisk until thickened. Whisk in cream for approx. 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.

To serve: drizzle cooled caramel sauce on dessert plate and on top of dessert.

UPDATE: This was so yummy! I will definitely be making this again.

No comments: