Friday, June 13, 2008

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup


This recipe is just what chicken noodle soup should be- warm, comforting and full of goodness! This just happens to have a twist to it. I did not have all of the ingredients available and added some fresh lemon juice, but I will include the recipe as originally written and the changes I've made. It was absolutely fabulous the first time I had it and just as wonderful with a few changes! I received this recipe from my friend Lisa. She is an amazing cook- I'll have to post some of her fabulous trifle recipes soon :)

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

2 T. soy sauce (I used Tamari)
1 T. mirin (I did not have this)
1/2 t. dark sesame oil
1/2 clove garlic, minced (I used a whole clove)
1 T. fresh ginger (I did not have this)
1/2 T. sugar
2 T. rice vinegar
1/4 t. chile paste
4 c. chicken broth (I used homemade)
2 c. water
2 cooked, shredded chicken breasts
2 c. Asian stir fry veggies
3 T. fresh onion, minced
3 oz. cellophane noodles
Juice of one lemon (or lime would actually be better!)
1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped (Joe is allergic)

Boil noodles for 3 minutes, drain, set aside. Mix soy sauce, oil, garlic, ginger, sugar, vinegar and chile paste. Heat broth in medium sauce pan. Add soy sauce mix, chicken and veggies. Heat through, add noodles and lemon juice. Garnish with cilantro.

No comments: