Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chocolate mint cookies

chocolate mint. April 14, 2008

Filed under: eat. — sherrilee @ 3:28 am Edit This

Whoah! I found this great “cheater” cookie recipe from the blog Blonde Ambition in the Kitchen. She made it with a yellow cake mix and chocolate chips but mentioned that she’s tried a chocolate cake mix and Andes mints. That’s when it happened…I started having flashbacks of Christmas as a kid when I would get my OWN box of Andes mints! If you know me, you know that they were always completely gone by the next morning. I was a bit hesitant to try this recipe as some cake-mix cookie recipes I’ve tried turn out all puffy and don’t taste like a real cookie. This were so good that Joe said they were going to make him go into convulsions and that’s when I decided it would be best to freeze the remaining dough to share with friends :)

This recipe is fabulous. I hope you enjoy!

Chocolate mint Cheater cookies

1 (18.25 ounce) package triple fudge cake mix (yellow or white work, too)
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 T Vegetable Oil
2 eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
1 cup Andes mints (or chocolate chips, nuts, candies, dried fruits, etc)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Sugar (for sprinkling on top)
Preheat oven to 350.
In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, oil and egg. Add cake mix and vanilla and blend well. Fold in chocolate chips or other add-ins.
Chill for 10 minutes.
Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets,sprinkle with sugar
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely as they will break easily if moved too soon.
Maybe if I hide them in the cookie jar, I’ll forget they exist!

3 comments:

bakingblonde said...

Yours look GREAT!! I love that the recipe uses butter instead of oil, giving them the flavor and texutre of "from scratch" cookies!! Love you blog, so many yummies!!

Lisa Christine said...

I love how this blog is simply named "yum".
These cookies are tempting me. I have been in a cookie baking mood lately and I think that these might just be the thing.

Anonymous said...

I just made these cookies into cookie jars, layering the cake mix, choc. chips and walnuts as an add in for crunch. St. Patrick's Day gifts with tied on baggies of Andes Mint cookies. Tested them out on bible study last night, they were all eaten up! Great idea with cake mix, going to try dried blueberries, cranberries and yellow cake mix later for July 4th! :)